Friday, March 28, 2008

Mom

Everyone has been asking how Mom is doing so I figured I would do a special post and update everyone here. On Easter Sunday night she went back into the hospital having a hard time breathing and having pains again. This time showed no signs of a heart attack but showed signs of pulmonary edema (?not sure I spelt that right). So basically she is filling up with fluid from the heart not working like it should yet. And when she fills up with fluid it is happening suddenly not progressively so medication for keeping the water off would not do the job of keeping it off. While in the hospital she also went into what they call atrial fib which is where the heart rate sky rockets suddenly and can be very taxing on the heart. Again, I am not a doctor so I am just relaying what I understand so please forgive me if I am not using the right terminology, etc.. They have started her on alot of new medications and she was finally stabilized by this last Wednesday that they were able to let her go home which is where she desperately wanted to be. So as of now she is home and will be starting back to Cardiac Rehab this coming Monday. I keep praying that they have finally given her the right combo of meds so that she can live a quality of life now and not have to worry so much, as she is very much so a worrier, that this will happen again to her. She was very much upset that it could come on so sudden like this and that there was nothing she could do to keep it from happening so she has been worrying that it will happen any minute. I just want her to have some peace of mind and be able to enjoy this life while she still can if you know what I mean. We have a new baby coming into the family sometime in April and she so very much wants to be here for that and be around to show this baby how great her love is which to me is a very good reason to keep on keeping on and fighting the good fight! It definitely has given her a reason if one was needed. All of your thoughts and prayers have done the job and I don't know what I would have done without all of your prayers lifting her up into the healing hands of the Lord! I want to thank you all so much for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers because without you I don't think we would have been able to get this far! Love, Tracy

3 comments:

Cricket said...

Tracy, sending prayers for your mom and you! I can't imagine how scary it must be for her to not know if this will happen again or not, and the worry that you must be going through....

(((hugs)))

Valerie Chmielak said...

Oh Tracey! I hope that this med combo works for her this time! How scary and worrisome! Glad to hear she is well enough to be at home again! My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family!! [[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]]

Carla said...

WOW....Im thinking about you and hoping that everything is ok with your mom and that things will get better. Hope all is good.
Carla