Thursday, January 7, 2010

First post of 2010!!

Wow, it is a New Year and so far so good I must say!! I am so glad to see 2009 in the rear-view mirror!! It was such a rough year for so many including me! So good-bye 2009 and welcome 2010!!! I am just sitting here reminiscing about all the huge life changing moments of last year and how they have affected me and those I love. I thought I would finally start sharing more photos so today the photos are some of those I took last year during some of those moments!! This first set of photos is at my hubby's Change of Command which took place just before the big move east when things really started to change and fast. This first pic is of my man during the ceremony when Captain Bruce Jones (Terry's boss) is giving his speech and mentioned that we had just gone through the horrific loss of Terry's Mom. It just broke my heart to see the pain in his eyes that day! He was stronger that day then I have ever seen him be! During Terry's ceremony when it was his turn to give his speech and say his goodbyes to his station and talk about his time there he made a very special presentation to his Dad! If you are from Wisconsin or a Packer Fan then you know how special this presentation was for Terry and his Dad! Terry wanted to let his Dad know how much he loved him and how much he thanked him for being the best Dad ever! Another tearful moment was had by me of course but I was still able to snap the pic! Just after the ceremony I wanted a pic of Terry, Dad, & Peter (Terry's brother) before they had to head out for home since it was the last time we would get to see them for awhile. We had an extra special little guest at the Change of Command that was the best little guy ever (he didn't fuss or cry the whole time!!) our God-Son Domenic!! They also drove the 2 1/2 hours down so they could be there for Terry's special day!! It meant the world to us!! Alot of very special people came to be with us including Terry's older brother Kevin and his wife Sue, their daughter Kayla, my sister Bobbie, my niece Shelbie (Dom's Mommy), my Mom, my BFF Amy, our Aunt Margaret and Uncle Lee, tons of friends from the Auxillary, Ta-may and Gui (our landlords), and the list goes on and on! All of their support was so greatly appreciated and felt that day!! Without all of you in our lives I don't think we could have made it through! Hmmm....I guess my explanation for these 2 photos is I just couldn't help myself! Lol!! He just looked so handsome!! Swoon!! And then of course there was cake and I just had to take a picture of that being the snap happy scrapbooker that I am!! Lol!! This next pic is of our little baby boy Gizmo on the day that we loaded up the truck and emptied out the house for the move!! Needless to say he was not a happy camper!! He just sat in my studio looking through the loft railing at everybody hauling all our stuff away!! Even though he is a good little Coastie and handles the moving so well this last time he really had a hard time with it!! Poor little guy!! Looking at this photo reminded me of how hard he took it!! Now this next photo you will have to excuse the blurriness since it is a photo taken with the computer while skyping with my buddy Kim!! As soon as I could get my internet hooked up and the computer up and running I was on it getting re-connected with my best buddy Kim!! This pic was taken the 4rth day that we were in our new home on Long Island in my basement studio with tons of boxes and unpacking to do all around me but I had to skype dang-it!! Priorities!! Gizmo and I needed the contact so bad!! Thank you Kim for being there for us!! I can't even begin to tell you how much our skyping time with Kim made all the difference in the world!!! Love you Girl!! You helped to bring a little piece of home out to me through the awesome power of the internet and gave so freely of your precious time when I was so down and lost!! Thank you!! Here is a card that I finished during one of our scrappy skype therapy sessions!! Okay, enough of the last years photos for now! Lol!! I will keep throwing in some as the mood hits me!! Now on to a sneak peek of a layout I am working on when time permits for "Not Just Scrap". The title is going to be "A Mother's Love"..... I still have a ways to go before it will be finished, but, as soon as it is I will post pics of it. Oh, and notice that grey thing that the layout is on top of?! I couldn't help myself and just had to get it!! It is a F.R.E.D.!! If you have never heard of it you can check it out here http://www.myscrappingbuddy.com/ !! Love this thing so much that I got 2!! I can not believe how much it is helping me out with my neck and back pain that I had been suffering from for the last couple of years when I scrapbook and create!! Love it!! Here is a pic of mine without the layout on it.... Wowzers!! I have definitely "chewed your ear off" long enough for today! LOL!! So on that note I will say bye for now and thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world!! Tracy

3 comments:

Iris Uy said...

Tracy that is such a sweet post and such sweet pictures too. Your man is lucky to have you. Oh me oh my, I have been missing out on your creations too!! YOur Prima layout and that box is just stunning!! We'll keep in touch more this time ok! :)

Valerie Chmielak said...

What great pics Tracy! Your Lo loooks like it is going to be gorgeous as usual! : ) Hope all is well with you! Miss You LOTS!

Anonymous said...

Tracy Just wanted you to know I got 2 F.R.E.D. s after seeing you use yours at Diana's crop last month. Love your work
Barbara
Sorry about the anonymous I couldn't get the username and password to coincide